* 2 onions, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
* 6 cups water
* 1 cup red lentils
* 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
* 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
* 1/2 cup diced carrots
* 1/2 cup chopped celery
* 1 teaspoon garam masala
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. In large pot saute; the onions, garlic, and ginger in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the water, lentils, chick peas, white kidney beans, diced tomatoes, carrots, celery, garam masala, cardamom, cayenne pepper and cumin. Bring to a boil for a few minutes then simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or longer, until the lentils are soft.
3. Puree half the soup in a food processor or blender. Return the pureed soup to the pot, stir and enjoy!